SERBSPACE has been recognized as a Stakeholder and a Regional focus point of Space4Water Portal.
In 2016, the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) and the Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water (PSIPW) signed an agreement to collaborate on their common goal of promoting the use of space-based technology for increased access to water.
Through this collaboration, UNOOSA has developed and launched the Space4Water Portal, a platform for interdisciplinary knowledge exchange on space technologies and water-related topics. The portal brings together organizations active in the field to share information on projects, initiatives, satellite missions, software, community portals, capacity building & training material, conferences, workshops, data, as well as news and publications in the sector. Shared information is categorized and shared publicly in a user-friendly format.
The Space4Water Portal serves as:
· a platform for interdisciplinary knowledge exchange on space solutions and technologies for water-related topics
· an initiative to make information in the field discoverable and filterable
· a multi-stakeholder platform
· a capacity building platform
· a portal for expert communities sharing information on software, applications, publications, projects and initiatives
· a portal which is inclusive for actors from developing countries.
More information: www.space4water.org